Sportsman Boats is a premier boat builder with an exciting future and offers an incredible opportunity for growth. Founded in 2011, we have quickly built a name for manufacturing some of the best and full-featured family friendly center console boats on the market. Employee well-being and company culture are integral part of who we are and we are looking for individuals to join our rapidly-growing team that like to be challenged and love to work in a nurturing fast-paced and goal-oriented environment. We offer competitive compensation, a full array of benefits including insurance, paid leave, holidays, and an opportunity to work among the best in the industry,
As a member of the executive leadership team, the Director of Manufacturing will direct and oversee all manufacturing operations including the daily management, performance, direction and growth of Sportsman Boats’ manufacturing operations; ensuring boats are manufactured and delivered on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives.
The Director of Manufacturing will be a highly effective hands on leader, who Inspires, develops, and coaches people, has high standards and expectations, will hold people accountable; has the ability to develop trust and integrity within the organization; who will represent Sportsman Boats in a professional, quality, and customer-focused manner; who will always look to enhance and improve manufacturing processes.
As a leader…your principal job is to create an operating environment where others can do great things.” -Richard Teerlink
- Develop manufacturing plans and establish procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
- Drive operational alignment and continuous improvement using a variety of lean techniques; Introduce continuous improvement techniques to the manufacturing environment in a meaningful way.
- Formulate and recommend manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Provide leadership to team members in accordance with Sportsman Boat’s policies and applicable laws; to include succession planning, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving issues.
- Manage policy deployment in the areas of Lean Manufacturing techniques, quality, cost reduction, complete and on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, visual controls and plant performance measures.
- Ensure compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, OSHA, safety, and complete and on-time delivery at the lowest possible cost.
- Provide operational input and guidance to engineers for new product development, process improvement and process capability.
- Ensure compliance with current federal, state and local regulations.
- Execute additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- BA/BS in industrial, mechanical or business administration, or a 4-year technical degree in related discipline.
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing management, preferably in a process-oriented operations and/or related industry. A minimum of 5 years of experience managing a significant segment of a large manufacturer or the entire operation of a smaller manufacturer.
- Experience in business operations management and a solid track record in problem solving and delivering results in a dynamic and growing manufacturing business.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, presentation and motivational skills as well as the ability to be an enthusiastic champion, motivator and leader for all levels of the organization.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Information Systems management tools.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Excellent leadership capabilities; must be able to engage and motivate team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management, organizational and analytical skills.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s in engineering degree or similar specialized, related education; manufacturing certifications
- Minimum of 10 years of general manager experience in high precision, high-tech and low tolerance machining manufacturing environments
- Experience in the marine/boating industry
- Bilingual Spanish/English
We value our employees and make decisions based on our core values: